Thursday, March 6, 2008

Let's Dance!

Hello! My name is Miss Jo, and I work at the Jacksonville Public Library. Welcome to our new Teen Site! I hope I will be hearing from you.


I was sitting around the house the other day, watching TV and thinking that I don't have much time to read. Is that stupid or what? I could just get up and turn the TV off, grab one of my books and just read and enjoy.


Actually, I just finished reading Dancing with Elvis by Lynda Stephenson. Would you believe this book has nothing to do with Elvis, or dancing with him?


The setting is a small Texas town about the size of Jacksonville. The story is about a rich family who has a high school-aged daughter named Frankilee. This family takes in a girl named Angel who is supposed to have been beaten by her mother. Frankilee feels sort of left out while her mother takes Angel under her wing. As time goes on, Frankilee starts to get suspicious: is Angel really an abused child, or is this just a way for her to get to live in a nice house and get to have special lessons like dance, piano, and singing?


The conflict between Frankilee and Angel makes the story intriguing. Frankilee thinks Angel is up to no good -- you'll need to read the book to find out if her instincts are true.


This is a quick, very entertaining read, and one that will leave you feeling good.


Well, that's just one of the good books I've read lately. If you have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you think.


See you at the library!

No comments: