Thursday, October 24, 2013

Teen Read Week winners...

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our Teen Read Week contest. We will be publishing the reviews submitted by the winners here over the next few weeks.

We begin with the grand prize winner, 13-year-old Bridget Magness:

TITLE: Poison

AUTHOR: Bridget Zinn

REVIEWED BY: Bridget Magness

BRIEF SUMMARY: 16 year old Kyra is a skilled potion master and is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the edge of destruction. So she does the unthinkable and attempts to poison the future ruler, but misses and becomes a fugitive on the run.

WHY I PICKED IT UP: I read the summary of the book and thought it seemed like an interesting and intriguing read.

WHY I FINISHED IT: I got so caught up in the magical world that Poison is placed in, that I had to know what happened to Kyra and the kingdom.

WHO I'D GIVE IT TO: I would give it to anyone who would take a moment to appreciate an epic and entertaining read.

Congratulations once again, Bridget!

And remember: just because Teen Read Week is over doesn't mean you can't submit book reviews anymore.  We're always looking for new submissions.  If you can't find the review forms, ask Miss Jo or one of the other librarian for help.

See you at the library!

No comments: